ILS over-the-phone interpreting.
ILS has recently launched phone-based interpreting services available 24 x 7 x 365. Unlike existing national providers, the ILS service is focused exclusively on the needs of medical clients, providing the highest level of screening, training and professional service for complex medical interpreting encounters.
What you say is what they'll hear.
Hospitals reap many benefits by using ILS interpreters. By providing an accurate and culturally sensitive language bridge between the patient and the healthcare provider, ILS over-the-phone interpreters help the medical team to accurately diagnose each patient in emergencies or situations when an on-site interpreter may not be practical. While building community loyalty and patient satisfaction, hospitals are also able to enhance quality of care and increase patient safety. ILS over-the-phone interpreters are always available for your patients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year - and the average connection time is only 30 seconds. Live customer service representatives are always standing by - no more automated phone systems to frustrate you or your waiting patient.
Communicating accurately, and with sensitivity and nuance, is associated with high quality interpreting services. Accurate communication is essential not only to the well-being of your clients but to your business as well.
- The average connection time to an interpreter is 30 seconds.
- We serve more than 150 languages with over 1200 interpreters (and growing) in our network.
- All languages are the same price at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- ILS can tailor billing and reporting information at no additional cost, broken down by site or department detail, as you require.
- All interpreters are screened, tested, and trained prior to providing services to our clients. ILS is also in charge of monitoring calls from ILS clients and providing the same professional feedback and coaching we provide our in-person interpreters.
- Live customer service representatives are always available for personal service and problem-solving; no more automated phone systems!
- All interpreters reside in the USA and are HIPAA compliant.
- You may use your existing equipment; although dual-handset phones are available for purchase, they are not required to use our service.
- ILS will provide you with phone stickers, postcards, and staff training to make using over-the-phone interpreting work for you and your LEP patients right away.
Highly trained professionals at the ready.
All ILS interpreters reside in the United States and are immersed in both their native and U.S. cultures. Before being considered as an interpreter for ILS, each interpreter is required to have a minimum of 2 years proven experience in interpreting.
The minimum screening process for an ILS over-the-phone interpreter includes:
- A lengthy telephone interview
- Verbal and written testing, with a primary focus on medical interpreting; modules include medical terminology in both English and the target language(s), patient safety and confidentiality, and professional conduct
- A second interview with a senior mentor interpreter
- An in-depth review of the role of the professional interpreter
- Review of both the National Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice published by the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care
- Review a statement of Neutrality and Confidentiality
- Continuous evaluation
In addition to the minimum screening and testing for all phone-based medical interpreters listed above, ILS Chicago-based interpreters have the opportunity to participate in the phone-based network for after-hours and weekend calls from ILS clients. Calls from ILS clients will be routed on a priority basis to available ILS interpreters, the same interpreters clients see every day in their facilities. This will provide ILS clients the highest level of professional medical interpreting service available in the industry.
We update offered languages continuously based on client needs. Below is a list of languages currently available. If the language you require does not appear below, please call for availability.